Finding the right therapist is a key aspect for a successful therapy
I love what I do and do what I love. I am deeply committed to applying my knowledge and experience to helping others improve their relationships and live more fulfilling lives.
The relationship between you and your therapist is a critical aspect of the therapeutic process. You need to trust your therapist’s knowledge and feel comfortable and safe in order to to open up.
Trust develops and grows with time and experience, but there are some aspects that can help you determine if a therapist is the right fit for you.
Below you will find some information about me that can help you decide if you would like to begin this journey with me.
As Seen On
Dr. Castaños has twenty years of experience helping the following.
- Individuals, couples, and families heal from past wounds, by assisting them to find different and better ways to connect with others and live more fulfilling lives.
- Couples and individuals going through relationship issues and past traumatic experiences.
- Couples that are stuck in a negative cycle with issues such as difficulty communicating, loss of passion, disconnection, and infidelity.
- Individuals with issues such as anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, anger, and PTSD.
- Families with children and adolescent with relational problems who are diagnosed with PTSD (and/or that have gone through traumatic experiences), ADD/ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), and/or Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Family businesses to address conflicts that can interfere with their businesses’ operations and value.
- Dr. Castaños holds a degree (Licenciatura) in Psychology, studies in Psychoanalysis and a Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy. Dr. Castaños’ doctoral dissertation received the Dissertation Award from the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Dr. Castaños also has extensive post-doctoral training in Emotionally Focused Therapy for working with couples (EFT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP), Neuropsychology, and Hypnosis.
- Dr. Castaños believes that each client’s situation is unique, and each person responds differently to different techniques. As a result, she is continuously applying the latest techniques to maximize the effectiveness of the therapeutic process for each of her patients.
- Dr. Castaños is licensed to provide marriage and family therapy in the states of North Carolina and Texas and is a certified trainer in communication and conflict resolution.
- All sessions are conducted in English and/or Spanish.